If you need to know how to deal with an angry spouse, then this short video may give you some ideas. Specifically, it covers a few techniques you can use when you find yourself in the uncomfortable position of having a spouse that yells at you.
How to Deal With an Angry Spouse (that yells)
Knowing how to deal with an angry spouse effectively means keeping some key things in mind when faced with this issue. Listed below are the main ideas that were addressed in this video.
5 TIPS FOR DEALING WITH AN ANGRY WIFE OR HUSBAND
1. Don’t defend yourself – proving you’re right just makes the other person even angrier. If you are right, there’s plenty of time to discuss it when everyone has calmed down.
2. Remain calm and reasonable – there’s no sense in both of you being angry. Plus, your calm energy will essentially calm your spouse down.
3. It’s a good idea to take a timeout if you’re afraid for your safety.
4. Listen for the presence of pain underneath your spouse’s anger – usually where there’s anger, there’s pain. So it’s important to really listen to your partner and let them know that you’re hearing them.
5. As you’re listening to them, calmly and sincerely ask them, “what can I do…?” When sincerely asked, this let’s your spouse know you’re hearing them and can lead to them calming down.
IS ANGER HURTING YOUR RELATIONSHIP? HERE’S A BOOK THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Here’s what readers are saying:
…Everyone in a relationship needs to read it. May help cut down on divorces. – Agent469
…I have read many books on anger and for couples who have distorted anger, this one is the winner… – A. Bussierre